QA Testing Laboratories is indulged in offering innovative coal testing services in Noida and conducts analysis of complete parameters of coal and coke which are used in various power plants and steel industries. As coal analysis test plays an important role in both power plants and steel industries, we at QA Testing Laboratories conduct the following three main types of tests -
This type of test determines moisture, volatile matter, fixed carbon and ash content. Proximate analysis is reported by percentages on as-received, moisture-free, and moisture-ash-free bases for coalbed methane. The proximate analysis, particularly moisture, ash and volatile matter is the most important for gas content and adsorption.
The ultimate analysis determines carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and sulphur contents which are reported in percentages on as-received and moisture-ash-free bases. Ultimate analysis is important for classification of coal by rank.
Gross Calorific Value Analysis:
This test determines calorific value or heating value. It indicates the amount of heat that is released when the coal is burned.
QA Testing Laboratories being a leading coal testing laboratory aims to follow different Indian Standards to test these parameters of coal. Our coal testing involves different test methods and standards such as -
- IS 1350: Part 1 Method of test for Coal and Coke: Part 1 Proximate Analysis
- IS 1350: Part 2 Method of test for Coal and Coke: Part 2 Determination of Calorific Value
- IS 1350: Part 3 Method of test for Coal and Coke: Part 3 Determination of Sulphur
- IS 1350: Part 4 Method of test for Coal and Coke: Part 4 Ultimate Analysis
- IS 4433 Method for Determination of hard grove Grind ability index of coal and
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) International Standard such as ASTM D3172 – 13 (Standard Practice for Proximate Analysis of Coal and Coke), ASTM D3176 – 15 (Standard Practice for Ultimate Analysis of Coal and Coke).
Coal Testing Parameters involve -
- Gross Calorific Value
- Volatile Matter
- Fixed carbon
- Ash Fusion